If I was laying low last week, this week I’m laying even lower. How’s that possible? I’ve been sick. I’m talking achey-all-over-headache-runny-nose kind of sick. But no fever. That’s an important distinction because I operate under the old “starve a fever, feed a cold” principle. And my appetite definitely hasn’t been surpressed. So, I’m going with the flow.
I’m on the road to recovery now, but here are some thoughts I had while on my sick bed/couch:
- Fireworks after January 4th are ridiculous, especially in the morning.
- Prince George (Kate and William’s new royal heir) isn’t even out of diapers and already he’s made People Magazine’s list of intriguing people.
- Wheel of Fortune is relatively easy.
- Jeopardy is impossibly hard.
- A true friend will bring you red beans and rice with fresh bread from the local green market.
- A sick child will bring out the maternal instinct in even the most non-maternal of mothers.
- Animals are a great comfort.
- Animals that want to be close to you can be suffocating when you can’t breathe.
- The movie Death at a Funeral is just as funny the third time.
- You never get as caught up during this downtime as you think you will.